Here are your Montreal Canadiens Post-Season Prospects Rankings…
Charlie Lindgren and Victor Mete have not been included as they are now considered graduated meaning they’re 25 years of age or have played in more than 82 NHL games. Michael McCarron was not included in the mid-season rankings and missed about half the season with an injury and so has not been included in these rankings. Gustav Olofsson has not been included as he’s been injured for the majority of the season. Arvid Henrikson and Nikolas Koberstein both have not been included as it is expected that the Habs will relinquish their player rights.
As always here is my ranking criteria from most valuable to least valuable.
Position Value: 1st/2nd line center, 1st line winger, 1st/2nd pairing defenseman, Starting goalie, 2nd line winger, 3rd line center, 3rd line winger, Backup goalie, 4th line center, 3rd pairing defenseman, 4th line winger.
Rankings are weighted by NHL or professional league probability, skating, and skills as being the most valuable attributes.
1. Nick Suzuki | C | Guelph Storm (OHL)
Excellent hockey sense and two-way play, great playmaking, vision, puck skills, and deceptive release.
2. Ryan Poehling | C | Montreal Canadiens (NHL)
Complete two-way smart player, good playmaking and vision, great puck protection skills.
3. Josh Brook | RD | Laval Rocket (AHL)
Great puck mover with excellent vision and passing, accurate wrist shot and good hockey IQ.
4. Noah Juulsen | RD | Laval Rocket (AHL)
A smooth skater with a smart active stick, good positioning and gap control, solid first pass.
5. Alexander Romanov | LD | CSKA Moscow (KHL)
Heavy slapshot, great vision, and passing skills, good stick checking and not afraid to lower the boom.
6. Cayden Primeau | G | Laval Rocket (AHL)
Poised, great positioning, excellent anticipation and ability to read the play.
7. Jesse Ylönen | RW | Lahden Pelicans (Liiga)
Breakaway speed with great acceleration, great puck handling skills and an excellent release.
8. Cale Fleury | RD | Laval Rocket (AHL)
All around a physical two-way defender with a good shot and positioning.
9. Joni Ikonen | C/RW | KalPa Kuopio (Liiga)
Shifty skater with a heavy release and good playmaking abilities.
10. Jake Evans | C | Laval Rocket (AHL)
Smart two-way player with great hockey IQ, good vision and excellent playmaking/passing.
11. Jordan Harris | LD | Northeastern Huskies (H-East)
Fluid quick skater, agile, good edges with good playmaking abilities and vision.
12. Allan McShane | C/LW | Oshawa Generals (OHL)
Creative playmaker with above average vision, good puck skills, and a lethal shot.
13. Jacob Olofsson | C | Timrå IK (SHL)
Smart two-way player with good hockey sense, stick handling, and puck protection.
14. Cam Hillis | C | Guelph Storm (OHL)
Good forechecker with good speed and great hockey IQ, an excellent playmaker and two-way play.
15. Cole Fonstad | LW/C | Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Great vision and playmaking ability, elusive with a good shot and puck skills.
16. Lukas Vejdemo | C | Laval Rocket (AHL)
Solid two-way player with a strong skating stride and decent playmaker with good puck skills.
17. Brett Stapley | C/RW | Denver Pioneers (NCHC)
Good playmaker, great vision and stick handling, strong on his edges, very agile and elusive.
18. Joël Teasdale | LW | Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (QMJHL)
Sound two-way player with excellent work ethic, a strong net-front presence, and good puck skills.
19. Michael McNiven | G | Laval Rocket (AHL)
An athletic goalie with great movements and a good glove hand.
20. Scott Walford | LD | Victoria Royals (WHL)
Very good straight-line speed, efficient defensively, solid breakout pass and decent vision.
21. Jarret Tyszka | LD | Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
Offensive first defender with good vision and playmaking skills, good skater with a long stride.
22. Samuel Houde | C | Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL)
Quick acceleration, excellent wrist shot with great puck skills and good passing/playmaking ability.
23. Jack Gorniak | LW | Wisconsin Badgers (Big-10)
Speed to burn, good forechecker with decent puck protection who will drive the net.
24. Brett Lernout | RD | Laval Rocket (AHL)
Physical presence with good board work, smooth skater with a long reach and a heavy slapshot.
25. David Sklenicka | LD | Laval Rocket (AHL)
Solid puck mover with decent vision and overall solid positioning in both zones.
26. Alexandre Alain | C/RW | Laval Rocket (AHL)
High energy player with good forechecking and great speed, good release, and two-way play.
27. Hayden Verbeek | C/LW | Laval Rocket (AHL)
High-end speed and acceleration, smart two-way player with decent finishing ability.
28. Daniel Audette | LW | Laval Rocket (AHL)
Great puck skills/handling with above average playmaking ability and good vision, good acceleration.
29. Hunter Shinkaruk | LW | Laval Rocket (AHL)
Great puck skills, accurate wrist shot with great speed and quickness.
30. Michael Pezzetta | LW/C | Laval Rocket (AHL)
A deceptively quick player that possesses a heavy shot and decent hockey sense.
31. Antoine Waked | LW | Laval Rocket (AHL)
Solid release with decent puck skills, protects the puck well and good hands in tight.
Here is a quick summary of all the prospects ranked.